Posts Tagged ‘education’
The pictures circled are teachers who were murdered in Peshawar attack
“Cards of Condolences for Peshawar” Campaign:
Greetings of Peace. My two teenage daughters and I wanted to express our sympathies for the lives that were lost on December 16, 2014 in the Peshawar, Pakistan Massacre. With the support of friends and family we came up with the “Cards of Condolences for Peshawar” ~a letter writing and card making campaign for the victims the children, staff and families of the Army Public School who have been affected by this horrific tragedy. We would like to encourage the youth-of all ages, and adults to make cards and write letters for the victims to show that they are in our thoughts and prayers and that Love and Kindness will always prevail. Requesting that cards and letters be dropped off or sent to the following address: Taste of Punjab 4437 Rt. 27, Princeton, NJ 08540. Located in the Kingston Mall and open daily from 10am-9pm for drop off All items need to be received by Monday, January 5th so they can be mailed to a contact in Peshawar with a personal connection to the school officials.
We would like to send as many cards as possible so everyone’s help is needed. Please Like, Share, Repost, Tweet, Instagram and help spread the word for this campaign. Thank you. #CardsofCondolencesforPeshawar
A special thank you to my sister Farah Naz-Ahmed Berent, Rabeeha Khan, Zubia Najiand Jawad Younus for your support.
Allah is most kind and merciful
Almighty Allah created man and his mind with its purpose set on achieving knowledge, the most important of which is that Allah alone is the Creator and all the rest are worshippers (slaves). By worshipping anything other than Allah, man becomes enslaved to Satan, who is himself a creature and becomes harnessed to his own bias qualities.
Prophet Idris was one of the prophets.
When Prophet Idris alaihessalam got heartbroken like all other prophets, due to non believers’ immoral activities, he left them and disappeared for almost twenty years. There was no rain for very long time. Allah punished them with drought.
When animals and people died of hunger and the life became miserable, the people asked for forgiveness. Allah being most merciful, sent back Idris to his people
Prophet Idris then begged Allah to forgive and to bring an end to drought. Allah granted his demand and the drought ended. There were heavy rains again. The land became alive and fertile once more.
The Learned Prophet
Prophet Idris alaihessalam was given wisdom in various fields of knowledge and the ability to create things that can make the human’s life easier For example, alphabets and writing, mathematics, astronomy, philosophy and etc. He was the first man who learnt to write with pen. He was the first man to show people how to measure weights and balance. He taught them about the movements of planets.
He was the first man to make weapons for hunting and defense. He also taught people to stitch clothes with needle and thread.
Consequently he brought about a remarkable change in the moral and social life of the people.
Some sayings of Hazrat Idris
- Do not feel jealous of the prosperity of others for what they have, as they will only enjoy it for a short while.
- He who has unlimited desires, is deprived of the wealth of contentment.
- One should be sincere in acts of devotion
- It is an act of serious sin to take false oaths.
- Patience is a key to victory
- He who controls his passions is fortunate. Only a good act will be a living petition before Allah on the Day of Judgment
- One who is desirous of attaining perfection in knowledge should have no concern with immoral acts.
- Happy is he who looks at his own deeds and appoints them as pleaders to his Allah
- None can show better gratitude for Allah’s favors than he who shares them with others.
- He who indulges in excess will not benefit from it.
- The real joy of life is to have wisdom
Teachers are like rulers. They place orders and wish to see their orders obeyed fully completely and without any error. (They forget that err is to human—–:)
They have all rights reserved to punish students the way they like. They can order a student to keep standing for as long as they like, or stand facing the wall, kneeling down with hands up is one of the favorite punishments of teachers. Scales are made to check the thickness of the students’ hide (teachers think students have hide not skin :)) or to measure the level of pain student can bear, so to beat softly or harshly, depending on the tolerance of the students or patience of a teacher’s own muscle.
No one can do anything or raise voice against teachers. The presidents, judges, butchers, mechanics, doctors, engineers have all been through it when they were students. That’s the reason why justice is delayed and culprits are sentenced to death, butchers make fine mince, and doctors do surgeries lovingly. They all have their treacherous teachers in mind when performing their jobs 🙂 with due apology to teachers lol
Teachers deduct or give marks while checking exam papers according to their moods. They may give marks for not attempting the question even or can deduct marks for poor handwriting. They are the kings of all students in their jurisdiction.
The most interesting thing is that teachers like to be loved and respected like faithful bondsman.
But if wishes of students ever came true, then such cruel teachers would have all die.
It is said that teachers are preachers like prophets. They teach, preach and brush up students’ character and take out the latent abilities. So I want to be a teacher like my own teachers (I hope they read this line—otherwise you know my future will be a dark one—-:)) Teaching is the profession I like most.
I want to make them good human beings, good citizens to make their country grow in all fields.
To instill the values and virtues in students’ minds is my utmost aspiration
If you can’t be a king—be a teacher as Mughal King Shahjahan asked his son to provide him a wooden rod and some students when he was imprisoned by his won son. THE SON SAID TO HIMSELF THAT KINGSHIP IS STILL THERE 🙂
Hatim Ism (may Allah be pleased with him) himself is a famous religious scholar, was a favorite student of Hazrat Shafeeq Khilji (may Allah be pleased with him)
Once Hazrat Shafeeq asked Hatim, that how long he has stayed with him? The answer was 33 years.
“What did you learn from me in those years Hatim?”
“I learnt eight lessons.”
”Just eight Hatim, You have wasted my time and yours too”
Hatim humbly replied,” how can I lie to you, when I learnt only eight problems?”
“Alright, now explain those to me” said Shafeeq Khilji
1. “I observed that every person loves his wife, children, valuables, family, relations etc, but when he dies no one accompanies him. Hence I decided to love and act upon good deeds so when I die they accompany me.”
“I am pleased with you. Carry on.”
- Hatim continued, “ I read in Quran that,” Surah An-Nazi’at (Those Who Yearn)
But as for he who feared the position of his Lord and prevented the soul from [unlawful] inclination. Then indeed, Paradise will be [his] refuge.
Hence I surrendered myself to obey orders set by Almighty to cherish in hereafter.
- I observed that every one loves and takes care of anything he possesses, may it be life property or valuables.
But I learnt that everything that exists is mortal and has to diminish or die one day except that Almighty has. In Surah Nahal it is said,
“Whatever is with you, will be exhausted, and whatever with Allah (of good deeds) will remain. And those who are patient, We (Allah) will certainly pay them a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do.”
Since then I donated in charity what ever precious thing I had or anything that attracted me most, to get reward in hereafter and to please almighty.
- I observed that people try to feel pride in status wealth or position to impress others who are in weaker position.
But in Surah Al-Hujuraat I read that;
“Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.”
Thus I became more God fearing humble and humane.
- What I studied there was that people tried to ridicule others, do bad-mouthing, and look down upon others just out of jealousy. They are impatient and impertinent. But Quran teaches in Surah Az-Zukhruf (The Gold Adornments) is it they who would portion out the Mercy of your Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in this world, and We raised some of them above others in ranks, so that some may employ others in their work. But the Mercy (Paradise) of your Lord (O Muhammad S.A.W.W) is better than the (wealth of this world) which they amass.”
Since then I have left to envy others or desire for anything. I strongly believe that almighty is most kind and would give my share. It matters not who has more or less.
- I learnt that almost every person has negative approach towards others. Surly and jealous of each other. When I thought seriously and studied Quran I learnt that Allah says in Quran in Surah FATIR; “Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.”
Since then I consider Satan my most evil enemy. I do what Allah has guided us to do through Quran
7. I saw public running in search of bread and butter. They use fair and unfair means to get it. They surpass, deceive, mislead, and depriving others to get maximum for themselves. This unfairness made me get guidance from Quran. It is clearly written in Quran in Surah HUD; “ And no (moving) living creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allah. And He knows its dwelling place and its deposit (in the uterus, grave, etc.). All is in a Clear Book (Al-Lauh
Al-Mahfuz – the Book of Decrees with Allah)
8.I observed that people rely and depend on worldly things like wealth, healthy stout body, status, family or valuables though they all are mortal and will sooner or later get washed out , so I took guidance from Quran where is it clearly written in Surah Talaaq;
“And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.” Thus I blindly trust almighty Allah that I will be provided what ever I need.
Hazrat Shafeeq (may Allah be pleased with him) was very satisfied to hear all this and acknowledged that all these are the teachings mentioned in all four holy books. These are for one and all till the day of judgment.
A teacher is very important to educate and teach children about the difference between good and bad, so to to lead an upright life.
Messengers of Allah did the same.The messengers Allah sent were all honest, kind and God-fearing.
When killing, abusing, cheating, robbery and other evil deeds spread in any particular area, Allah chose the best person among them to guide people to follow the right path.
Each messenger passed on the message of Allah. The message was to believe in one Allah and to live a simple honest life.
The messengers practiced themselves what they preached. Their followers followed them exactly and pleased Almighty Allah. But every messenger had to face many problems. It is not easy to change bad habits in short time. People who were used to cheat and do bad things did not agree to change their old habits. So when any messenger of Allah asked them to believe in one Allah. They did not follow. They worshiped idols. Some worshiped the sun the moon the snake etc. So the messengers were sometimes rebuked and ill-treated.
The devil always misguides people. The devil makes people do harmful things. It enjoys when people fight or kill each other.
So Allah sent His messengers in every era to guide people of that particular time.
to be continued———-
one of the best way of testing honey if its pure or immure is that put some drops of honey on the floor anywhere in the house. IF ants eat it then its not PURE HONEY. because if ants loved honey then there would have been no honey in the world as ants can climb trees and there would never be any beehives or honey 🙂 I tried this test and found that honey was pure 🙂
I also tried honey with burning matchstick. that was true too.
Pure honey also crystallized if kept in a fridge for long.
Honey is very easy to digest and has countless benefits for good physical and mental health