Archive for the ‘Health’ Category
A psychiatrist attend a seminar in Germany and surprised the audience by saying that he was treating his patients by making them wash their face 5 times a day and within a short period of time the treatment started to have an effect. They started a recover from their illness. At the end of the speech the doctor said, “I confess that fewer Muslims suffer from depression as they wash their hands, face, and feet many times in a day by performing WUZU.”
A heart specialist says with importance that those who have high blood pressure should be advised to perform Wuzu. A Muslim doctor says, “The best cure for depression is Wuzu.” Western doctors treat their patients by placing water on some parts of their body, which is just like wuzu.
Benefits of Washing Hands:-
In Wuzu the hands are washed first and there are many benefits.
If the hands are not washed during the day, there is a possibility of getting many types of skin diseases:-Heat spots Itchy skin Bad skin Change in the skin color etc.
When we wash our hands, water falls from the tips of our fingers and create a circle around our hand and due to this, our inner electrics come into motion, which makes our hands more beautiful
Washing the Mouth:-
By washing the mouth and using a Miswaak, the bacteria will be removed. If the mouth is not cleaned, one can be affected from the following illnesses:-
One of the first sign of aids is the swelling of the mouth
Edges of the mouth splitting
Moniliasis of the mouth and lips,
Mouth becomes sore etc.
The one who gargles water, will not get tonsillitis and he will be saved from many throat diseases including throat cancer.
Washing the nose :-
The lungs need air free from pollution and it should contain 80% moisture and should be more than 90 degree Fahrenheit. To attain this type of air, Allah Subhana’wa’ta’ala has blessed us with a nose. It makes the air moist, the nose creates a quarter of a gallon of moisture and the hair in the nostrils stops dirt going inside the lungs. There is a microscopic brush in the nose. This brush contains small particles which kill the bacteria that travel through the air and enter the nose.
Due to these a Muslim is saved from many diseases of the nose.
Washing the face:-
A European doctor wrote a thesis called ‘Eye, water and Health’. In his thesis he encouraged people to wash their eyes many times a day, to avoid dangerous diseases. A member of the American council for beauty, ‘Beychar’ stated; “Muslims do not need any type of chemical lotions as they wash their face many times a day during Wuzu which safe guards them from many diseases.
Physicians have researched that if one makes his/her eyebrows wet frequently then one can be protected from dangerous disease like blindness.
Washing the Arms:-
There are three major veins in the elbow that are connected to the heart, liver and the brain. The elbow usually stays covered with clothing and if water and air does not reach these parts, one may suffer from mental problems. Also, by washing the arms including the hands, a link is created in between the person and the particles of light and the particles begin to flow. This action makes all the body parts strong.
Wiping the Head:-
There is a major vein in the body that lies between the back of the head and neck This vein has a connection with the spinal cord, the brain and the small veins spread in the body, when one wipes the back of his neck, passes through the Spinal cord, spread into the small veins and give strength to the various parts of the body. Also wiping the neck prevents one from fever and mental illness.
Washing the Feet:-
Washing feet during wuzu, removes bacteria and dust. By washing feet according to sunnah, saves from lack of sleep, dryness of the brain, nervousness and depression.
How to Use Honey & Cinnamon to Treat Skin Irritation
Skin irritations such as skin itching, is a common dermatological complaint. When your skin itches, the tendency is to keep scratching it. This can cause your irritated skin to become red and injured from your nails, which can eventually lead to skin rashes. Skin irritations can be treated at home. You can use many over-the-counter remedies. However, these products contain harsh chemicals that can further irritate your skin. Fortunately, you can use natural ingredients such as cinnamon and honey. These two ingredients contain soothing and antiseptic properties that you can use to help relieve skin irritations.
Step 1Take a shower or wash the affected skin with warm water and an antibacterial soap. Avoid scrubbing your skin to prevent further infection. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel after cleaning your skin.
Step 2 . Add 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder in a clean bowl. Stir the mixture with a spoon until it turns into a paste. Add more cinnamon powder if you want a thicker mixture.
Step 3. Scoop a generous amount of the honey-cinnamon mixture with your fingers and apply it directly to the irritated skin areas. Gently massage the mixture into your skin in a circular motion until it dries. Leave the mixture on your skin for five minutes.
Step 4. Wash your skin with water and soap to remove the sticky mixture. Pat your skin dry after cleaning your skin.
Step 5. Reapply the mixture as needed.
- Seek medical advice from your physician or health care professional if you are suffering from skin irritation.
- taken fron Google
Sugar Can Do More than Just Sweeten!
Besides been the material we love to taste the most, sugar can help out with plenty of other things, and is always worth having around the house. We’ve collected a few of these uses for you to learn about – you’ll never think of sugar as just a sweetener again!
Uses of Sugar:
1. Calming babies:
Studies in Pediatrics show that babies who have been given a solution containing one spoon of sugar and four glasses of water before being vaccinated reacted more calmly to shots than those who didn’t.
2. Treating wounds:
A pinch of sugar may help heal many types of wounds. Among them: Pressure wounds, ulcers and cuts. All you need to do is pour a little sugar on the wound and it will kill all the bacteria in the area and even relieve local chronic pain.
3. Treating a burnt tongue
sipping too quickly from a scolding coffee cup, biting into a steaming pizza, it’s easy to burn your tongue, and that feeling isn’t very pleasant. In order to alleviate this uncomfortable feeling, put a little sugar on the burnt area.
4. Body peeling:
Due to its rough texture, sugar can be used as a perfect peeling agent and offer great aid in your grooming routine. A simple peel can be made by mixing sugar with different kinds of oil (Canola, almond, jojoba or olive), as well as add essential oils to the mix or some vanilla abstract to upgrade the scent. An addition of vitamins in the form of a banana will help, and you can mash it and combine with three spoons of sugar and one of olive oil to create the peeling.
5. Cleaning dirty hands:
When the hands are very dirty (from color or grease, for instance), you can use sugar to remove the hard stains. The sugar will be added to soap foam and give it a good rub.
6. Nourishing the lips:
Mixing a little jojoba oil with olive oil with a drop of sugar powder and the mint or vanilla extract can create a natural moisturizing cream that’s both intensive and extremely efficient at nourishing your lips. Smear some of it on your lips and gently rub.
Also, if you want your lips to look better with lipstick on, just put a nice amount of sugar on the lips and allow it to absorb for several minutes.
7. Terminating pests:
If the roots of your garden plants are full of worms, you’ll probably be happy to find out they can be killed using sugar. Bury 5 kilos of sugar for each 250 meter square of land, and wait patiently – the sugar will naturally kill all the worms.
Sugar can also be used to capture and kill other pests. To catch annoying flies, create a mixture of equal amounts of honey, sugar and water and boil it in a pot while stirring. Then take a square of sticky paper and create a hole on one end. Pour the mixture, after it cools, on the sticky side of the square and hang it on the wall with a string. The flies will go for the honey and stick to your smart trap.
To get rid of cockroaches, put equal amounts of sugar and baking powder near their hideouts. The sugar will draw them in while the baking powder will kill them.
8. Nourishing the roots of your flowers:
To give a better look to your home flower patch, you can use three teaspoons of sugar with two tablespoons of white vinegar for each liter of water we give them. The sugar will help nourish the stems while the vinegar will prevent bacteria from growing.
9. Cleaning grass stains:
Make a mixture from hot water and sugar and smear on clothes with grass stains. Allow it to soak into the clothes for about an hour or a bit more (depending on how covered it is in the stains), and then put in the laundry as usual.
10. Keeping food fresh:
If you put a cake or cookies in a sealed container in which a few sugar cubes are places, they will keep fresh for longer. Same goes for cheese.
How to Make the Perfect Lemonade
Lemonade is a lemon-flavored drink sweetened with sugar among other sweeteners. In North America, certain European countries, and most Asian countries lemonade is usually made from a basic recipe of lemon juice, water, and cane sugar or honey and is often home-made.
21. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
22. Sugar can cause a decrease in your insulin sensitivity thereby causing an abnormally high insulin levels and eventually diabetes.
23. Sugar can lower your Vitamin E levels.
24. Sugar can increase your systolic blood pressure.
25. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
26. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar molecules attaching to and thereby damaging proteins in the body).
27. Sugar can interfere with your absorption of protein.
28. Sugar causes food allergies.
29. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
30. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
31. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
32. Sugar can impair the structure of your DNA.
33. Sugar can change the structure of protein and cause a permanent alteration of the way the proteins act in your body.
34. Sugar can make your skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
35. Sugar can cause cataracts and nearsightedness.
36. Sugar can cause emphysema.
37. High sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in your body.
38. Sugar lowers the ability of enzymes to function.
39. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson’s disease.
40. Sugar can increase the size of your liver by making your liver cells divide and it can increase the amount of liver fat.
41. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney such as the formation of kidney stones.
42. Sugar can damage your pancreas.
43. Sugar can increase your body’s fluid retention.
44. Sugar is enemy #1 of your bowel movement.
45. Sugar can compromise the lining of your capillaries.
46. Sugar can make your tendons more brittle.
47. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
48. Sugar can reduce the learning capacity, adversely affect school children’s grades and cause learning disorders.
49. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves which can alter your mind’s ability to think clearly.
50. Sugar can cause depression.
51. Sugar can increase your risk of gout.
Onions are eye watering but good for your body.
Onions are one of the most common ingredients of recipes in many different countries and cultures throughout the world. They come in many different forms; fresh, frozen, canned, caramelized, pickled, powdered, chopped and dehydrated and can be used in almost every type of food. It has been claimed throughout history that onions can help everything from the common cold to heart disease, diabetes and other diseases and in developing countries they are even placed on the skin to eradicate boils and blisters. Most of us eat something which includes onions every day, but few of us know exactly what health benefits they have.
No kitchen is complete without a red onion. They may make you cry, but they’re on your side when it comes to taste and health. Red onions can be used in so many recipes that you’ll probably find yourself buying them regularly. Onions are full of nutrients that will give a boost to your health
Red onion is one of the famous herbs. Apparently, in addition to spices, onion also has the function of traditional cures
Nutritional Value in Onions
Onions are naturally low in calories at only 45 calories per portion. They contain no fat or cholesterol and are very low in sodium. Onions are a good source of fiber, which helps keep the digestive system healthy and efficient. Onions also contain vitamin B6, folate, potassium, manganese and are a very good source of vitamin C.
Health Benefits of Onions
Onions were used originally by American settlers to treat colds, coughs and to repel insects and in Chinese medicine they have been used to treat angina, coughs, bacterial infections and breathing problems. The health benefits of onions go beyond old wives tales. It is scientifically proven that onion extract can help asthma sufferers and an onion even contains oligomers which can reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Onions and the Cardiovascular System
Onions share some of the health benefits of garlic, which many of us know are good for thinning the blood. Both foods contain sulphides which can help to lower blood lipids and blood pressure. Onions help to prevent blood clotting as they contain flavonoids and other substances which when consumed can dramatically reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. The chromium and vitamin B6 found in onions helps to increase cardiovascular health. Specifically, these compounds lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
The more red onion you eat, the lower your blood-sugar glucose levels will be. This is because of ally propyl disulfide and chromium, both of which are found in red onions. Manage your diabetes with free tools from DiabetesCare.net. Red onions control blood sugar
If you are looking to lower your chances of colon cancer and related diseases, add red onions to your diet at least twice a week. Quercitin, one of the flavinoids found in onions, is known to be very beneficial to gastrointestinal health.
A study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that red onions are also beneficial to overall bone health. A compound known as GPCS is responsible for this, and it does so by inhibiting cells that break down bones.
Red onions reduce inflammation in the bones and throat, as well as in blood vessels. This reduces many of the symptoms of osteoporosis, asthma and even the common cold.
Other Benefits of Onions
Onions are good for almost every part of the body. They provide support for bone and connective tissue and offer anti-inflammatory benefits. In addition, onions help protect against cancers such as ovarian and mouth.
Volatile oil contained in the water of red onion is useful to kill most microbes, staphylococci, streptococci as well as microbes that can cause disease and inflammation of the thoracic esophagus.
- It can also kill microbes diphtheria, amoebic dysentery and tuberculosis microbe. Red onion is really capable of eliminating these bacteria in a short time.
- The Steam of red onions can be used to clean wounds and to heal.
- Can activate the movement of the stomach.
- Chewing red onions for a few minutes to clean the mouth of microbes including diphtheria microbe.
- Inhaling the smell of red onions or eating it can cause a volatile oil containing sulfate and can get into human blood, which later can kill microbes that can cause disease.
- Shallots also have elements similar to the hormone insulin that can help reduce blood sugar levels.
- Eating red onions which is still raw or cooked mixed with the cheese can minimize the occurrence of blood clots.
- To cure whooping cough and pneumonia by using a red onion as a compress on the chest. If placed on the kidneys and bladder, can heal difficult urination. If placed on both feet, then it can cure the disorder in the function of blood settings. And if placed on the wound, it will issue a dirty pus and blood. How to make a compress of garlic is to chop onion into small pieces and then heated. After that, placed in the area who wants to be treated, and then tied with a cloth. Replace the bandage every 12 hours.
- The pieces of red onion can be used also to treat eye lets on foot, by way of affixing the pieces of the onion around eyelets in the afternoon until early morning. Repeat this until the release fish eye from the foot, then wash with warm water and soap.
- Red Onion water can be used to bandage on the cut part of the body to relieve pain.
- Red onion if boiled with olive oil can be used to treat cracked nipples and hemorrhoids.
- Steeping the red onions can be used to eliminate worms in children, by way of brewing the pieces of onion and put it in water and stored throughout the night, then during the day time drunk to the child after being mixed with honey. Repeat this process every morning until the worm is really out in full.
- Red union can also remove worms in the stomach and cure hemorrhoids. How to make it as a purgative of a red onion that has been heated around for about 3 minutes in 1 liter of water. In this case, use red onion whose medium or small size that can be inserted into the anus.
- Inhaling aroma of red onion to treat dizziness and fainting. Because it smells so piercing that can stimulate the circulatory and respiratory functions. Similarly, nerve functions. Thus, red onions can be used as first aid rather than having to use ammonia.
Reasons Why every one Should Drink
Green tea is a very popular drink worldwide because of its immeasurably powerful health benefits.
Here Are The 25 Reasons Why You Should Start Drinking Green Tea Right Now:
Green Tea and Cancer
Green tea helps reduce the risk of cancer.
The antioxidant in green tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times better than vitamin E.
Green Tea and Heart Disease
Green tea helps prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering the level of cholesterol.
Green Tea and Anti-Aging
Green tea helps you fight against aging and promotes longevity.
Green Tea and Weight Loss
Green tea helps with your body weight loss.
It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day.
That translates to 7 pounds in one year.
Green Tea and Skin
Green tea also helps fight against skin cancer.
Green Tea and Arthritis
Green tea can help prevent and reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
Green Tea and Bones
If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density.
Green Tea and Cholesterol
Green tea can help lower cholesterol level.
Green Tea and Diabetes
Green tea improves lipid and glucose metabolisms, prevents sharp increases in blood sugar level, and balances your metabolism rate.
Green Tea and Parkinson’s
Green tea helps boost your memory.
Antioxidants in green tea helps prevent against cell damage in the brain, which could cause Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Green Tea and Liver Disease
Green tea destroys harmful free radicals in fatty livers.
Green Tea and High Blood Pressure
Green tea helps prevent high blood pressure.
Green Tea and Food Poisoning
Catechin found in green tea can kill bacteria which causing food poisoning and kills the toxins produced by those bacteria.
Green Tea and Blood Sugar
Green tea helps lower your blood sugar level.
Green Tea and Immunity
Green tea help boost your immune system, making your health stronger in fighting against infections.
Green Tea and Cold and Flu
Green tea prevents you from getting a cold or flu.
Vitamin C in green tea helps you treat the flu and the common cold.
Green Tea and Asthma
Green tea relaxes the muscles which support the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of asthma.
Green Tea and Ear Infection
Green tea helps with ear infection problem.
For natural ear cleaning, soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear.
Green Tea and Tooth Decay
Green tea destroys bacteria and viruses that cause many dental diseases.
It also slows the growth of bacteria which leads to bad breath.
Green Tea and Stress
Green tea helps relieve stress and anxiety.
Green Tea and Allergies
EGCG found in green tea relieves allergies.
Green Tea and HIV
Scientists in Japan have found that EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) ingreen tea can stop HIV from binding to healthy immune cells.
What this means is that green tea can help stop the HIV virus from