Wooden Combs & Brushes
Posted October 5, 2014on:
Once you switch to wood – you will never go back.
When I was a small girl my mother combed my hair with wooden comb or wooden brush. I had very thick shiny and rich black hair. Mother had to make two braids. Often ladies asked me if my hair were actual.
Mom oiled my hair and combed with wooden comb at night before I slept.
Then in morning she boiled and cooled natural herbs and washed my hair.
She said that main benefit of using of a wood comb is that it does not generate any static electricity like usual plastic combs do. Using of wooden combs also keep hair in good and healthy position.
It is well known that birch wood combs help to get rid of dandruff. Wooden combs gently massage the scalp and move natural oils through the hair. Massaging the scalp helps promote hair growth and stimulate acupressure points.
The combs do not finished with any varnish or oil so it is natural.
From the yogic perspective:
- Wood does not create static electricity, which causes a loss of the hair’s energy to the brain.
- If you comb your hair and scalp front to back, back to front, and then to the right and left several times, it will refresh you, no matter how long your hair is. All the tiredness of your day will be gone.
- For women, it is said that using this technique to comb your hair twice a day can help maintain youth, a healthy menstrual cycle, and good eyesight.
- Wooden bristles gently massage the scalp and move natural oils through the hair. This aids inblood circulation, excess sebum absorption and the removal hair impurities.
- Massaging the scalp helps promote hair growth and stimulate acupressure points.
- When exposed to a blow dryer, the brush stays cool because wood does not conduct heat. When hair is wet the wooden bristles glide easily through the tangles.
- Some wooden brushes and combs are naturally hypoallergenic.
Plastic combs and plastic brushes are harmful for hair and cause loss of hair too. Even shampoos having chemicals also damage hair and natural hair color.
so use wooden combs and keep your hair shiny and rich.