What is a Salt Lamp?
Posted April 22, 2012on:
Before we discuss the characteristics of the salt crystal lamps in detail, we would like to point out that salt is a primal element, like water and air and its natural minerals and trace element have unique biophysical and biochemical characteristics. Salt is to be regarded as neutral, chemically as well as physically, without its own polarity, always balancing and neutralizing.
Therefore the natural rock salt is the best match with our biology and metabolism. Salt is used to preserve all kinds of proteins. Bacteria and other harmful germs can not survive in salt. Salt has deep influence in medical science and other alternate therapies. All are aiming to fight against harmful bacteria. in modern methods of treatment salt has its high place as an anti-bacterial agent.
- The salt lamps are made of natural Himalayan crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of theHimalayanMountains
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the salt lamps bulb causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation.
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home like, computers, cell phones, T.V , fans, air conditioners and other domestic electric appliances.
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of salt lamps.
Salt Lamps cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful for your home.
This characteristic is especially helpful for relieving the symptoms associated with asthma and allergies in general because we inhale negative ions in the lungs—from where they are transported by the blood to feed our body cells and tissues. Positive ions slow down the delivery of oxygen. Water releases negative ions in the atmosphere and balances positive ions.
Cleaning Your Salt Lamp
Gently wipe the lamp with a damp (not soaking wet) towel or sponge to remove dust. Once cleaned, dry the lamp with a paper towel or turn on the lamp for a while.
If you choose to place a Salt Crystal Lamp on a wooden surface, please ensure that it has a waterproof base so that you do not damage your furniture.
Where to Use a Salt Lamp
In Your Home: Use these lamps in bedrooms, children & baby rooms, living rooms, hall ways or anywhere else where you want to create a tranquil, cozy, relaxing and serene atmosphere.
Office and Computer Users: Place a Salt Crystal Lamp near your computer to reduce fatigue and EMF (electro magnetic pollution) created by office equipment. The lamp will also improve your concentration.
Meditation: Use them for Yoga and meditation: When you repose in peace and quiet, a Salt Crystal lamp near you is known to enhance your meditative experience.
Feng Shui: A few Salt Crystal Lamps placed at strategic spots will enhance inner self. A lamp in the relationship corner will be greatly beneficial.
Massage Rooms: A lamp or two in the massage room will greatly enhance and create a soothing, relaxing, calming and refreshing environment.
Natural Health Centers: A Salt Crystal Lamp glowing in your consulting or treating room assists the healing process and creates a calming environment.
Psychiatrist: A lamp or two in the waiting room will create a relaxing and calming atmosphere.
Allergy Sufferers: A Salt Crystal Lamp in your vicinity will help your wellness and keep the air around you clean, ionized naturally, and beautifully.
Anyone who likes beautiful and healthy life with natural items would benefit from Salt lamps!